Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Wild West (Country)

Hot on the heels of a kitten shot with an air rifle and a cat shot with a crossbow, and a greyhound with its ears cut off as reported on BBC News, here in Rodborough we have our own problems and below is a letter from Gordon Smith. If you know who these idiots might be then we would all appreciate it if you could report them and get them stopped.
--//--

"On 2/3/2009 I was riding my bike (Marin) up Rodborough Hill (between the Dark Lane and Mount Vernon turnings) at about 12.15 when a (dirty) light silver Peugeot hatchback sat on my tail for a few moments, then accelerated past me. As it came alongside I heard the distinctive sound of a BB gun being fired ! The pellet passed between my legs and struck the bike frame, split in two, one piece ricocheted off my glasses, the other bit hit me on the inside of my right thigh. OUCH !
I gasped in pain and shock - shouted some expletive etc and the car sped off up the hill, the occupants (3 maybe 4 'youths', at least one was female) roaring with laughter.
I didn't managed to get the reg' but reported it to the local police when I got home. Without the reg' there isn't much they can do...but I am receiving regular call from the Victims of Crime Support Unit.

And on that jolly note I wish you happy cycling and roll on warm sunny days!"

No comments: